Sunday, November 14, 2010

Notes From A Vertically Challenged Chick


Why Life Is Tough As a Tall Woman.... tall is beautiful right? All sorts of really tall things are beautiful...take the Eiffel Tower..giraffes, sunflowers at peak growth...and of course the endless legs of a tall woman.


Except..there is a point when tallness tips from glamour to kinda geeky/freaky...it's said that an inch over six-feet is a burden. Despite years of fighting the media and claims of feeling "just be happy in your own skin" type of mantra....singer Kimya Dawson really hit it right in a song called "all girls feel too big sometimes, regardless of their size"...so how does a tall woman feel "dainty"..hmmmmmm. Imagine being the tallest woman in a sea of men, who need a periscope to look down your top and maybe need a step ladder to stroke your hair?


I guess there's a Tall Person's Club somewhere in the UK....membership is around 100 or so...I don't know myself..I'm just waiting for the day when I don't need the "special" JC Penny catalog for "tall girls" to order a pair of pants that don't hitch up my calves when I sit down.


It would also be nice to casually drop into Kohl's once or twice and grab a pair of Levi's with a 28 waist and a length of....36-inches .... "just grab me a straight leg, 28 x 36 please" and not add the ad infinitum ... "tall girl" like I'm not a normal size. For Pete's sake, every department store in the country has a special section for petites!!! So...how bout jumping on my bandwagon here for a petition to have every department store include a "tall girl" section!!! Just like my website..included a special section... "notes from the vertically challenged chick"... It's a start!


NOW we're talking!! In the meantime, I'm just your average vertically challenged chick.....

No comments:

Post a Comment